Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Summer of Fun


As you can see from Taylor's excitement, we had a great time as a family this Summer. I would have to say that this has been the best Summer of my life, and it's because I spent most of it with my wife and kids.
Even though the summer was great, I admit that I am now sick and tired of the hot weather. Anyone who knows me, knows that this is my favorite time of year. I love the start of school, football season, and the normal reprieve that we get this time of year from the hot weather. But for some reason it is still too hot. I guess mother nature is just making up for the wet June that we had.
We did have a lot of fun as a family this Summer. I wish my kids would stay the way that they are right now forever. No diapers to change, but no one old enough to drive yet. Simply perfect. One of the favorite outings of the summer was our hike to Bridal Veil Falls. I hate to admit it, but it was the first time that I had ever hiked to the falls. I guess that may be one of the reasons that I have a weight problem. Even though it was a first, it definetly won't be the last. The kids had fun and Deb and I enjoyed the cool mist from the falls. Great time.




















On July 25th, Grandma and Grandpa Johnson rented the large pavilion at Deer Creek. We spent the day boating, eating (again part of my weight problem), and enjoying each others company. The kids played in the sand and swam in the lake. The water was warm and the weather was perfect. Taylor spent most of the day with the boy who is the love of her life, her cousin Jackson. By the end of the day we were all tired, but no one wanted to go home. Can't wait to do it again next year. Thanks Grandma and Grandpa J!!!









Hope you enjoy the pictures. Now will someone please turn off the heat!!

1 comment:

Stacy Johnson said...

It has been a fun summer!!