Tuesday, October 7, 2008

The Season Comes to an End!!!! YEA!!!


It is now official. Soccer season is finally over. It ended tonight with Payton's last game. Kelsea and Baylee also played soccer this year, and each of them did really well. Baylee is a good player. She can kick the ball a mile when she gets a hold of it. She is a team player who likes to pass the ball to others and watch them score as much as she likes scoring herself. She had one of the prettiest goals of the season. She knows how to "Bend it like Beckham." Kelsea also did well. She was on a team with some of the girls in the neighborhood. I was always impressed at how much energy she had. She loves to run around. This year she was more aggressive than in past years. At times she really took it to the other team. She also had a great game winning goal that we celebrated. Hopefully there are more to come.
Payton played Cub Soccer for the third and final year. He was on a team with four of his cousins. His games were definitely a family affair. He did really well. One game we quit counting after he scored his 12th goal. I think that he really enjoyed this year. The pictures included in the blog are of his game tonight. The lady in the yellow shirt is Nancy, I told her she would be famous because she is on my blog. The rest of the pictures are just of the game and the fam.
It got really cold tonight. It is hard to believe that another season is in the rear-view mirror. The kids are already talking basketball. So I guess it is time to put away the soccer uniforms, shin-guards, cleats, and socks. Hopefully when we get them out of storage next year they still fit somebody. Congratulations kids on a great year. It is always nice to see you involved in good things.

3 comments:

Stacy Johnson said...

Okay it is so crazy that it is over already it seems like it just started! Payton is so cute!! I love all the pictures of him!! lol Just teasing you Scott!! Baylee is such a good player! I hope she sticks with it she could go far!! Kelsea was more aggressive? That is awesome!! You have got the cutest kids!! I just LOVE them!!

Stacy Johnson said...

Okay so you were doing so good!! Now you need a new BLOG!!

The Morgan's said...

Oh look at my cute team! I must say I am glad that soccer is over but I sure had fun coaching Payton.