Monday, September 1, 2008

The Kindergarten Kid


Yes it is true. For three hours a day Deborah is now without a child in the home. Payton had his first day of Kindergarten on August 27th. He was really excited. He wanted to ride the bus to school on the first day, but his mother and I talked him out of that. I came home from school for a few minutes to tell him goodbye on his first day. I admit that I cried a little. It is hard to believe that my little boy is going to school.
Later that evening I asked him what his favorite thing about school was and he said "the bus ride home." He is fascinated by the bus but cannot understand why there are not any seat belts. He also really likes his teacher and has a lot of friends in his class. It is just hard to believe that he is old enough. Where does all the time go?

3 comments:

Riley and Steph said...

It is crazy him and Addi are in the "Big" school now! Addi's favorite thing was the bus too! How funny. He looks so big and cute!

Stacy Johnson said...

Hey Payton looks so cute!! I can't believe how grown up everyone is getting!! It's CRAZY!!

Stacy Johnson said...

K you need a NEW POST!!! I love reading them!!