Sunday, July 20, 2008

Miss You Dad

It is hard to believe that it has been 17 years since the phone call telling me that my Dad had passed away. As a young missionary I was not sure what the future would hold. I just want to let you know Dad that I have tried my best to be the kind of person that you would want me to be. I also want to thank you for the life that you lived. I am always proud to tell people that I am your son.

Tradition has been that I take a diet Pepsi to the cemetery, just in hopes that you may someday like me more than Keli. I also take my kids up to the cemetery and share stories about you. They are such great kids. I really know that you would enjoy being around them, as well as your other grandkids. But even though you are not physically with us, I know that you watch over every one of us. I know that you would be proud of who we are and how we try to live our lives. I guess that I just want you to know that I love you and that I miss you every day.--Scott

3 comments:

The Morgan's said...

Well if you wanted to make me cry you did a good job! I cant believe it has been 17 years time goes by so fast!I am just so glad that we have each other!!

Stacy Johnson said...

Man I miss him too!! Kinda sad that I can't really remember but thats why I have you!! I love you Scott!!

Marie said...

Scott...you are such an amazing person. Remember when you were the only one who could call me Weezie? And now I think more people know me by that name than Marie. Crazy, eh? I'm glad you have a blog because I swear we only see everyone once or twice a year. And that's just sad! If you want to check in on Cam and me and our nerdiness, it's weezon.blogspot.com
Love ya!