Sunday, August 17, 2008

Timp Cave

I really do not know what has gotten into me. For the third time in four weeks I planned a hike early on a Saturday morning. This time I planned a trip up to Timp Cave. I really hoped that we could get a lot of people in the family to go, but everyone is so busy this late in the summer. Stacy (my sister and hiking partner), Baylee, Kelsea, Payton, and myself ended up leaving around 7:00am to head up American Fork Canyon. It had been years since I had hiked to the cave, and it was the first time for everyone else that was with me. As usual we had a blast. I was so proud of my kids, and Stacy, for making it all the way up...with minimal whining. I forgot how steep the canyon is, but it sure was beautiful.
The kids were so excited when we entered the cave. Kelsea kept looking for the cougar or bear that she just knew was living there. Baylee thought that the cave formations were beautiful. Payton was very curious. I think that he may of set a occicial cave record for the number of times he hit his head on the rocks. I just was glad that we got out of there with no stitches needed. Stacy was just glad that she bought a sweatshirt at the gift shop before the hike.
We topped off the morning with the long hike down, followed by lunch at the Training Table. Nothing like "cheese fries" to cure the aches and pains of a long hike.

I can't wait to do it all again.

No comments: