Monday, August 18, 2008

Cowboy Up!

What a great evening! We drove to Birdseye to spend the evening with the Daybell's. The kids spent time playing with the dogs, pigeons, and horses. Payton even tried to rope a calf, and he did it! He thinks that he is pretty cool now. He told me that he maybe wants to be a cowboy now instead of a golfer.
Taylor was quite the impressive rider. She really knows what she is doing. She moved those cattle like a pro. I think that she would live with the Daybell's if I would let her. Baylee was a bit timid at first, but after a little while she was riding around the arena by herself. Kelsea liked to ride, but she really liked loading the steers in the chute and releasing them. Payton was really excited and was determined to rope a steer, which he did! Man is he cool, just ask him. I think that the hat tells the whole story.

It was nice of the Daybell's to have us up. Our kids are about the same age, and my kids really enjoyed having our own little rodeo. I think that the kids are worn out. I know that I am. Who needs Disneyland when this much fun is just 35 minutes away?

No comments: