Wednesday, February 18, 2009

M.S. Walk -ONE STEP AT A TIME


I have the best family. They have been so supportive of me and my family. In Feb of '08 I was diagnosed with M.S. Shortly after that, I learned of the M.S. walk in Provo. I called Scott's family and my family and friends to see if they would help raise money and join us on the 3 mile walk. Most of Scott's brothers and sisters brought their families to walk. His mom and my mom were also there to support us. One of my childhood friends that I hadn't seen or talked to since high school came with her daugher and dog. Many other family members who could not make it made donations to the MS foundation. It was a great day, and it showed me that I am not alone in my struggle. It meant so much to me. I tear up every time I think about it. We had so much fun, and we all agreed to try and make it an annual event. My brother in law Riley was all pumped up about getting matching shirts next time we walked.
Well, that time has come. The walk this year is April 25th, in Provo. If anyone is interested in walking with us ( its only 3 miles, very easy walk ) you can go to my web page and sign up, we would love to have anyone who can come. My web page is http://main.nationalmssociety.org/goto/deborah.fisk.johnson the password is deborahjohnson. I again want to thank my family and friends who came to walk with me and who support me every day. I love you all, I couldn't ask for a better family. Love Deborah. :)

No comments: